Tuesday, December 10, 2013

CLIFF-TOP WRITINGS, TEXT CONTINUED------VERSES FROM TEMPLE'S GATE




Jesus said: "See, my poetical friend.
I am the true Poet, the one and only
Source of Poetry. If you will know Me,
you will know Yourself."

The poet said: "But, You are the last
Prophet. you are the True One. You
are the Christ. When did poetry
become Prophecy?"

Jesus said: "My good friend, Poetry
was always Prophecy, from the very
beginning, and so shall it be until
the end, which there shall never be.
For verily, verily, I say unto you,
beyond all time, there is poetry.
You, son of infinite Beauty, soon
you are destined to see."

The poet said: "And what shall I
see, Lord?"

Jesus said: "You shall see Poetry."

The poet asked: "Beyond the beginning
and the ending, I shall see Poetry?"

Jesus said: "The beginning is the ending;
the ending, the beginning; and there
never shall be an end; and there never
was a beginning. But I say unto you,
this heaven and earth shall pass away,
yea, the very sky shall pass by, but
the Poet shall never die."
        "But see, poetical friend, so many
who seek, so many also who remain
asleep; be good to such as these; for
all of these, every son of Man is of Me.
So be merciful, my helpful friend, and
you shall be judged accordingly. For
as a man judges, so is he judged. So
it shall ever be."
          "In so much as you are good to
the least of these, you are good to Me."

The poet said: "But what would you have
me do, Father, wha would you have 
me be?"

Jesus said: "I ask merely that you
record this new Gospel; that you see
it rooted deeply in the soil of the
True One, before you leave, and
come to Me. I ask no more of you
than this: record faithfully... and
use your gifts to see the True Vine
planted freely. Do I ask too much
of thee?"

The poet said: "Master, what you ask
is my Destiny."

Jesus said: "I know it well, friend. So
shall the prophecy be fulfilled. 'I shall
come again.'"

The poet said: "But, Lord, You never
left."

Jesus said: "How easy is it then for
Me to come. So shall the prophecy
be fulfilled. "I shall come again."

The poet said: "You who have been
from the beginning of time, the beginning
that is the end. I could write endless
stories of You; but what purpose would
that serve? Would it serve your End,
stories that He who has always been,
has come again? What an unlikely
servant you chose in me."

Jesus said: "Yes, but I say unto you,
you would not have come to Me, had
you not sinned."

The poet said: "Well, then, O happy
fault, O blessed sin, that he who is
lead astray may through wickedness
be found again. Then indeed is the
whole world part of Your Mercy.
If You will receive such as me."

Jesus said: "I do receive you, and
you shall receive Me."

The poet said: "O happy ending, that
makes such a beginning."






                                             (C)1980, by William G.Milne
                                               All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment