Thursday, November 14, 2013

EVEN AS THE DAWN, WITH ITS ROSY FINGERS, PROMISES THE SUN, SO THESE WORDS DO PROMISE THE ARISING OF THE MIND AND THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY ONE




            It was four in the morning, and the snows
were almost ending. Every few days the taste
of spring would rise to the poet. Every third
day or so, there would be an almost
balmy day.
      He lit a fire in the woodstove
opened the door, and the taste of the air
was sweet. Off in the distance, in the
valley below and across a lake, he could
see the lights of the small city.
      Above him in the sky, which was still
night - the northern lights were playing
and forming circles in the air,  sheets
and circles of colours rising and falling
and sweeping across the frozen lake,
and dancing in the air.
      One Easter, the light in the sky turned
red and descended around the poet.
      You see, he knew such things had happened
and kept happening, if a person only
had the faith to see: he could see great
signs in the heavens:

Jesus said: "I have cast fire upon the
world. and see, I guard it until the
world is afire. I shall choose you,
one out of a thousand, and two out
of ten thousand, and they shall
stand as a single one, until the
whole world is aflame."

The poet asked: "Shall you choose
me?"

Jesus said: "The choice is yours."

"For if you shall choose Me, I shall
have chosen you. Within a man
of light there is light and he lights
the whole world."

The poet asked: "Where shall I find
You?"
Jesus said: "I am where you are."

The poet asked: "What are you?"
Jesus said: "I am what you are."

The poet asked: "Who are you?"
Jesus said: "Know yourself and you
will know Me."

The poet asked: "How shall I know 
myself?"
Jesus said: "You must become as a
small child in the rain who puts his
clothing beneath his feet and stands
naked and unashamed beneath the
heavens."

The poet asked: "How do I know that
You are indeed the True One?" 

Jesus said: "Because I say what all
men need to hear. If my words are
not alive, ignore me."
"Were I not the True One you would
know me to be a liar, for My words
would have no life. But I speak
the Living Word. If another speaks
the Same, I am He."
        "I am He who is 
from the Same. I attained to the Same
and the Same attained to Me."
        
         " I say to you, my friend,
come to Me, for My lordship 
is gentle."

Jesus said: "Cleave a piece of wood
                  I am there.
                  
                  "Lift  a stone, I am there."

Jesus said:      "Whosoever drinks the waters
                    From My mouth,
                    Will become as I am
                     And I shall be he;
                      And the hidden things will be
                       Revealed to him;"

Jesus said:     "I admit to My Mystery
                      only those who are worthy.
                      Make yourself worthy,
                      foolish man."

        The poet stared up at the sky, where
the lights were forming circles around him,
rising and falling.
         He sat against a rock, under his
favourite tree, and watched as the dawn
was approaching.
          He knew these words of the Christ
were not as he or his people had been
taught by the orthodoxy.
           He knew the new Vision was coming.

           Even as the dawn, with its rosy fingers
makes promise of the sun;
           So do these words make promise,
through the strength of all things,
            Of the  arising of the Mind 
             And the Presence 
              Of the Holy One.


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment